We are currently working on the 2019 Schedule. See below for what took place in 2018.
2018 Tackle the Tar Schedule
Thursday: Rocky Mount Mills
- Concert in the Garden 6-9PM
- Silent Auction 6-7:30PM
- Packet Pickup and Registration for TTT
- Band: Martin County Ramblers
Celebrate race weekend with us by coming to the Rocky Mount Mills for food and music. Enjoy adult beverages while you listen to the Concert in the Gardens. Bid on locally-based products and merchandise through our silent auction. Of course, don’t forget to pick up your race packet!
For directions and information about Rocky Mount Mills, visit rockymountmills.com.
Friday: Pick up Race Packets (Family Fun Night Canceled Due To Rain)
We encourage you to avoid lines on race day by picking up your race packets early.
Stop by Goat Island Bottle Shop tonight from 6pm to 8pm for packet pickup and a refreshing beverage.
Due to the inclement weather, the rest of tonight’s activities have been cancelled.
Saturday: 5K Obstacle Course Race & 1 Mile Kids Obstacle Course at the Stadium
- Gates open at 7:45AM
- Races begin at 9am
- Six Smokin’ Bones, Sunset Slush, and Carolina Eagle (See Food Trucks & Vendors for more details)
2018 Heat Schedule
- 9 A.M. Competitive Heat (50 Person Max) – Timed
- 9:10 A.M. Competitive Heat (50 Person Max) – Timed
- 9:20 A.M. Competitive Heat (50 Person Max) – Timed
- 9:30 A.M. College Heat (75 Person Max) – Timed
- 9:45 A.M. Fun Run Heat (100 Person Max) – Timed
- 10 A.M. Fun Run Heat (100 Person Max) – Timed
- 10:15 A.M. NRMPS Heat (110 Person Max) – Timed
- 10:45 A.M. Halifax County Schools Heat (75 Person Max) – Timed
- 11 A.M. Fun Run Heat (100 Person Max) – Timed
- 11:15 A.M. 1 Mile Kids Obstacle Race (150 Person Max)
Join us at the Football Stadium at the Rocky Mount Sports Complex for our obstacle races. There will be food and fun for spectators as well. Visit our Race Information page for more details.